Pattern hacking DELANO dress
Would you prefer a sleeveless version ?
It’s possible ! With this pattern hacking, let me show you how to easily modify your DELANO dress. Let’s lenghten the DELANO dress and learn how to bind the armhole with bias binding (with a video tutorial) !
I will explain everything you need to know step-by-step !
ℹ️ You will receive a three-page document with the instructions to make the pattern hacking. The pattern of the DELANO dress and the instrcutions are not included in the pattern hacking. But you can get them on this link.
Également disponible en français
The pattern of the DELANO dress is not included.
You will only find the instructions to make the pattern hacking.
The instructions are free. Add the instructions to your cart then create your account.
The instructions will be available on your account.
> See the DELANO dress on the eshop
Hack : sleeveless version of the DELANO dress ; we will also lengthen the dress (+8 cm / +3 1/8 '') and add a tie around the waist. This hack can be useful for other patterns !
Suggestion : the sleeveless blouse variation is another option requiring less fabric.
Tools : Japanese ruler, chalk, bias binding
Difficulty : beginner
Fabric and notions for the pattern hacking of the DELANO dress
Fabric requirement for the hacked version
Fabric suggestions for the DELANO dress
Many fabrics, from light to medium weight, can be used : cotton fabric, linen, viscose...
Fabric used for the sample : Native Nights by Atelier Brunette
Notions for the DELANO dress
- Fabric and interfacing
- Bias binding
Finished measurements of the DELANO dress
Measurements of the finished garment
Note : We will lengthen the short dress variation (+8 cm / 3 1/8'').
The measurements below refer to the regular versions of the DELANO dress (not the hacked version).
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- Format A4/US letter : 44 pages
- A0 / copy shop format : 3 pages
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alongside professionnals
- Additionnal instructions to alter your dress or your blouse
- A video is also included : I show you professional techniques and step-by-step explanations. They are short and precise and they clearly show all the steps. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.