Classy and versatile all year round
The DELANO dress has everything I am looking for in a garment : comfort, style and uniqueness. Whatever its length – dress or blouse – the open neckline and the subtle gathers will enhance your cleavage and bust. The large puffy sleeves adds up to the oversized shape of the dress. Plus, the pattern is quick to sew ! Three lengths are being offered :
- A blouse variation
- A short dress variation (mid-thigh) for autumn/winter perfect with boots
- A long dress variation (midi) for spring/summer
Short sleeves and pockets are also available.
I will guide you through the sewing process. The purchase includes detailed instructions and a sew-along video with English subtitles that truly resembles an online class.
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Tutorial video with English subtitles
What you will get
- The full size PDF pattern from sizes 34 to 48 (US sizes from 2 to 16) - seam allowances are included (A0 and A4/ US Letter)
- Format A4/US letter : 44 pages
- A0 / copy shop format : 3 pages
- Each size is in a different layer, making the pattern clearer and more readable
- A fully illustrated booklet describing all the steps to sew your garment
- A concise and accessible guide to making simple adjustments
- A video course available with the purchase of the pattern. The video is more than just a tutorial. You will find a clear demo of each step and professional techniques. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
Features of the pattern
Design and style
When I founded my company, Ose Patterns, I didn't want to offer a blouse as my first product… because I don't wear any 🤷🏻♀️ ! So I thought about a deisgn that would change my mind. This pattern is DELANO !
- An oversized fit with for comfort. My bust measurement is 88 cm and the ease is +37 cm, which makes DELANO a comfortable design.
- A wide neckline
- Interesting details such as an inset to improve your sewing technique
- Beautiful gathers to enhance all bust sizes
- Dramatic and wide sleeves
I offer three lengths (blouse, short dress and long dress) so you have options for every season.
You can make a sleeveless DELANO and download this free tutorial.
Difficulty : adventurous beginner or intermediate, you have already completed some sewing projects.
Each technique is not difficult in itself. I break down the project into accessible steps, either through the illustrations or the video course. So if you want to get started, you are in the right place.
You will learn professional techniques that will be useful for all your sewing projects : how to sew beautiful insets. I also offer different types of finishings - some are quick to do, some are more refined - depending on your experience and the time you can allow to your project. You'll find tips for the elopement dress version and how to sew the lace. I'll also show you how to add a lining... all with method, pedagogy and precision!
I have your back
If you're just starting to sew
Congratulations 🎉 and welcome to the sewing world ! I've got you covered :
- A generously illustrated step-by-step booklet (and I am not joking)
- A glossary 🔤 of sewing terms (only in French)
- A complete video course that is not too long and well shot (in HD!): it is included in the purchase and only for people who bought the pattern.
My clients often describe Ose Patterns' instructions as "easy to follow", "high quality" and "very well explained" :
For more experienced sewers
DELANO is a quick and rewarding project to sew. You'll have fun with the insets at the neckline learn techniques to make a beautiful hem. My experience in a fashion house taught me how to work in a methodical way. So I hope that you will learn new techniques and that you will have a great sewing time !
💓 If you want to take on the challenge with ultra-clean finishes, you'll love the ARVO tuxedo shirt.
Fabric and supplies
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the main fabric requirement calculation.
Many fabrics can be chosen : cotton, linen.
Blouse variation : it is an oversized garment. It is better to choose a fluid and/or lightweight fabric for this version.
- Fabric and interfacing
- Optional : you can add buttons to your dress or a trim lace
Sizes and measurements of the final garment
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
Measurements of the finished garment
- The measurement of the finished garment allow you to choose your size according to your preference (with more or less ease). Feel free to compare with another garment in your wardrobe.
- My bust measurement is 88 cm. I am wearing size 38. The garment is loose-fitting with +37 cm ease at the bust.
- You will find more measurements in the instructions.