Classy and versatile all year round
The DELANO dress has everything I am looking for in a garment : comfort, style and uniqueness. Whatever its length – dress or blouse – the open neckline and the subtle gathers will enhance your cleavage and bust. The large puffy sleeves adds up to the oversized shape of the dress. Plus, the pattern is quick to sew ! Three lengths are being offered :
- A blouse variation
- A short dress variation (mid-thigh) for autumn/winter perfect with boots
- A long dress variation (midi) for spring/summer
Short sleeves and pockets are also available.
I will guide you through the sewing process. The purchase includes detailed instructions and a sew-along video with English subtitles that truly resembles an online class. I show :
- Several options for the finishings, depending on your experience and the time you can allocate to your sewing project
- Advice for the “wedding/elopement dress” variation and how to deal with the lace
- How to manage the lining
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Tutorial video with English subtitles
EUR sizes : from 34 to 48 | US sizes : from 2 to 16 | UK sizes : from 6 to 20.
Difficulty : intermediate.
The instructions are detailed and explained step by step. A video tutorial is available and show you the different techniques to get the most beautiful result. Why not give it a try ? A motivated beginner could totally nail it !
Suggested fabrics for the dress or blouse DELANO
Many fabrics can be chosen : cotton, linen.
Blouse variation : it is an oversized garment. It is better to choose a fluid and/or lightweight fabric for this version.
The samples are made in the following fabrics :
Black blouse : slightly sheer lightweight cotton
Short «Pecan» dress : medium weight woven twill 215g/m²
Long dress : heavy cotton (denim)
Wedding dress : Lightweight crepe, lace and «Bemberg» lining
Materials for the dress of blouse DELANO
- Fabric and interfacing
- Optional : you can add buttons to your dress or a trim lace
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
The finished measurements of the trousers are indicated in the instructions.
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- Format A4/US letter : 44 pages
- A0 / copy shop format : 3 pages
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alongside professionnals
- Additionnal instructions to alter your dress or your blouse
- A video is also included : I show you professional techniques and step-by-step explanations. They are short and precise and they clearly show all the steps. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and readable.