The KIM top : easy to wear and elegant with a je-ne-sais-quoi !
KIM is a loose-fitting shirt with an elegant ruffle collar. The ruffle gives the top an elegant touch while its slightly oversized volume makes it comfortable to wear. It is a beautiful top you can wear every day with your existing wardrobe. You can wear it with your favorite pair of jeans and a cardigan.
The KIM top exists in two versions : short and long sleeves.
You will also find a tutorial video that that shows all the steps.
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Disponible en français.
What you will get
- The full size PDF pattern from sizes 34 to 46 (US sizes from 2 to 16) - seam allowances are included (A0 and A4/ US Letter)
- A4/US letter format : View A : 21 pages | View B : 24 pages
- A0 copyshop format : Pages to print for views A and B : 1-2
- Each size is in a different layer, making the pattern clearer and more readable
- A fully illustrated booklet describing all the steps to sew your garment
- A concise and accessible guide to making simple adjustments
- A video course available with the purchase of the pattern. The video is more than just a tutorial. You will find a clear demo of each step and professional techniques. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
Features of the pattern
Design and style
The KIM shirt is a loose-fitting shirt with an elegant ruffle collar.
It has a back yoke and a box pleat. The bottom of the shirt is slightly curved. The sleeves are gathered into a cuff band (which is a quick and easy to sew option). Two versions are available : short sleeves andlong sleeves.
The ruffle gives the top an elegant touch while its slightly oversized volume makes it comfortable to wear. Over the years, it has become a wardrobe essential.
In summer, I wear the short sleeve version of the KIM shirt with an open collar.
In winter, I switch to the long sleeve version. I wear it with a sweater. The beautiful ruffled collar dresses up any outfit. It's a detail that delights me every time!
You could even turn KIM into a dress thanks to the instructions provided.
Difficulty : beginner
Each technique is not difficult in itself. I break down the project into accessible steps, either through the illustrations or the video course. So if you want to get started, you are in the right place.
You will learn techniques that will be valuable for all your future sewing projects :
how to cut and mark the fabric, how to sew the ruffle and the collar, how to make French seams... all with great methodology, clear instructions and precision !
I have your back
If you get started
Congratulations 🎉 and welcome to the sewing world ! I've got you covered :
- A generously illustrated step-by-step booklet (and I am not joking)
- A glossary 🔤 of sewing terms (only in French)
- A complete video course that is not too long and well shot (in HD!): it is included in the purchase
My clients often describe Ose Patterns' instructions as "easy to follow", "high quality" and "very well explained" :
For experienced sewers
The KIM blouse is a sewing project with neat details. To keep it a quick project, I use simple sleeve cuffs instead of traditional button plackets. We will use the burrito technique to sew the back yoke with no visible seam. My experience in a fashion house taught me how to work in a methodical way. So I hope that you will learn new techniques and that you will have a great sewing time !
Fabric and supplies
20 cm / 8’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
You can choose very different fabrics. Please check the hashtag #osekim on Instagram to get some ideas ! Make sure the fabric you will choose stays upright to form a beautiful collar. If needed, you can apply interfacing to the ruffle.
- Spring / Summer : cotton, linen, crepe, viscose, poplin, chambray.
- For fall/winter : lightweight wool fabric
- You can check out some inspirations in the booklet, on Ose Patterns' Pinterest account and on Instagram with the hashtag #OseKim.
- To discover the other makes made by other seamstresses, please check the video !
I used viscose fabric for the black sample.
I am wearing the KIM shirt with the STEVEN trousers
- 9 boutons - 13 mm / 1/2’’
Sizes and measurements of the final garment
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
Measurements of the finished garment
- The measurement of the finished garment allow you to choose your size according to your preference (with more or less ease). Feel free to compare with another garment in your wardrobe.
- My bust measurement is 88 cm / 34 5/8'' and the sample I am wearing is size 38 (ease of 22 cm / 8 5/8'').
- You will find more measurements in the instructions.