Pattern hacking of the Brené top
Learn pattern making by hacking the BRENÉ top !
If you have always wanted to learn pattern hacking, here is an easy alteration of the BRENÉ top. We will change the hem line and create a shorter front and a longer back. This alteration will teach you some pattern hacking fundamentals that will be useful for any pattern.
You will trace the new lines with me and I will explain you all the steps.
ℹ️ You will receive a two-page document with the instructions to make the pattern hacking.
The pattern and the instructions of the BRENÉ top are not included. But you can get them on this link.
Également disponible en français
The sewing pattern of the BRENÉ top is not included.
You will receive the instructions to make the pattern hacking.
They are available as a free download. Add the instructions to your cart and create your account.
The instructions will be available on your account.
> See the BRENÉ top in the eshop
Pattern hacking : alteration of the hem line, short at the front, long at the back
Tools : Japanese ruler, French curve, sticky tape, paper scissors, pencil
Duration : 30 minutes (assembly time of the pattern not included)
Difficulty : beginner
Fabric requirements and materials for the BRENÉ top
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
Suggested fabrics for the Brené top
Any light or medium weight fabric. If you are just starting to sew, choose a medium cotton fabric. For a flowing version of the top, choose silk, tencel or viscose fabric. Why not using a contrasting fabric from your leftover fabric scraps to make the lapel ?
Materials for the BRENÉ top
- Fabric and interfacing
- 3 buttons (11 mm - 7/16″)
Finished measurements of the BRENÉ top
Measurements of the finished garment (regular version)
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- A4/US letter format: 15 pages
- A0 Copy / shop format : 1 page
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alonside professionnals
- A video sew-along is available online to help you get started !
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.