Polly J top
A shirt to express your creativity
The POLLY J top is a buttonned loose-fitting shirt. It has a big contrast-edge collar. Use your fabric scraps to make your own combination of colours ! The shirt comes in two versions :
- View A : with a waistband ; the bottom of the shirt is gathered.
- View B : with a curved hem (no waistband).
Également disponible en français
Sizes : EUR sizes : from 34 to 46 / US sizes : from 2 to 14 / UK sizes : from 6 to 18.
Difficulty : Intermediate
Fabric and materials for the POLLY J top
20 cm / 8’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
Suggested fabrics for the POLLY J shirt
For view A, choose a drapey fabric such as crepe, silk, viscose, lightweight cotton. Avoid stiff fabric.
For view B, choose light to medium weight fabrics such as cotton, linen, crepe, viscose, poplin, chambray, flannel.
Be creative with the edge of the collar ! You might already have the perfect contrasting fabric in your scraps. Beware of choosing two fabrics with similar weights.
- Spring / Summer : lightweight cotton, crepe, viscose
- Fall / Winter : flannel, chambray, lightweight wool.
Sample : viscose fabric from Atelier Brunette
For short sleeves, shorten the sleeve by using the horizontal line on the pattern (explained in the instructions).
Materials for the POLLY J top
- 8 buttons (view A) et 9 buttons (view B) 13 mm / 1/2’’
Finished garment measurements of the POLLY J top
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
Our PDF patterns include :
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format. Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations
- a video tutorial (coming soon) showing you all the steps to sew the garment. You will find tons of tips that will be useful even for other sewing projects.
Seam allowances are included.
Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.
- A4/US letter format : View A et B : 27 pages
- A0 format : 2 pages