Sew your first trousers
The STEVEN trousers is a high-waisted trousers. The trousers are fitted at the waist and have room at the hips and legs area to accomodate movement. The STEVEN trousers is now an indispensable piece of my everyday wardrobe !
Even though these are your first handmade pants, you will find beautiful and neat finishings on the inside. With the STEVEN trousers, you will blow your own mind and be proud to wear a garment that is as beautiful on the outside as on the inside. If you know how to sew, you will learn techniques used by professionals to master the fly and get a beautiful result.
I will guide you at every step of the process so you can rock your pants. A sew-along video will show you all the techniques. It is in French but the images speak for themselves.
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Également disponible en français
EUR sizes : from 34 to 48 | US sizes : from 2 to 16 | UK sizes : from 6 to 20.
Difficulty : intermediate.
The instructions are detailed and explained step by step. A video tutorial is available and show you the different techniques to get the most beautiful result. Why not give it a try ? A motivated beginner could totally nail it !
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
Recommended fabrics for the STEVEN trousers
Medium to heavy fabric.
The pattern is drafted for non stretched fabric. But you can choose a fabric containing elastane.
For the pockets and the inner waistband, choose a light weight cotton.
Fabrics used for the samples :
Sera Weighty Cotton Blend by Meet Milk (Metermeter) - 300 g/m2
Cotton gabardine twill fabric Forest and Offwhite by Atelier Brunette - 364 g/m²
Cotton fabric "chino" by L'Atelier de la Création - 195 g/m²
Materials for the STEVEN trousers
- Fabric and interfacing
- 1 zipper (at least 15 cm / 6’’)
- 1 button (1,5 cm - 5/8’’)
- 2 hooks/bars for trousers
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
The finished measurements of the trousers are indicated in the instructions.
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- Format A4/US letter : 38 pages
- A0 format: 2 pages
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alonside professionnals
- Step-by-step instructions to make your muslin
- A concise guide explaining simple fitting alterations
- A video is available (link in the instructions) : you will find tips and techniques used by professionals and a step-by-step demo.
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and readable.