A daring, fashionable volume
GLENNON is a high-waisted pant, rather fitted at the waist and hips for a beautiful silhouette. It has a distinctive flared cut. The legs are wide and trendy and have cuffed hems. It features Italian pockets, a wide waistband with beautiful belt loops and backpockets.You will find two lengths :
- Short, like a bermuda shorts
- Above the ankle (length 7/8)
You can adjust the length of GLENNON high-waisted pants using the explanations in the booklet.
I’ll take you step-by-step through the sewing process. In addition to the instructions, a step-by-step video designed as a sewing course is available.
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Tutorial video with English subtitles
PDF sewing pattern download content
- The full size PDF pattern from sizes 34 to 48 (US sizes from 2 to 16) - seam allowances are included (A0 and A4/ US Letter)
- A4/US letter format : 54 pages for the trousers ; 38 pages for the bermuda shorts
- A0 format : 3 pages pour le bermuda ; 2 pages pour le pantalon
- Each size is in a different layer, making the pattern clearer and more readable
- A fully illustrated booklet describing all the steps to sew your garment
- A 3-page-guide teaching you how to make your muslin
- A concise guide on alterations that is easy to understand and apply
- A video course available with the purchase of the pattern. The video is more than just a tutorial. You will find a clear demo of each step and professional techniques. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
Features of the GLENNON trousers sewing pattern
Design and style
GLENNON is a loose-fitting, easy-to-wear high-waisted pant that makes any outfit look amazing. The wide, flared leg evokes the volume of a culottes skirt. I love wearing this cut, which I find original, comfortable and stylish. These pants allow you to create outfits that are :
- Casual, with sneakers and a loose sweater
- Dressy, with moccasins and pretty ankle socks, a sleeveless vest and a shirt.
- Chic, with pumps and why not the ARVO tuxedo blouse?
You will find two lengths :
- Bermuda length above the knee, perfect for spring/summer or a fall/winter version with tights.
- 7/8 length above the ankle
You can adjust the length of GLENNON pants using the instructions provided.
Difficulty : intermediate, you have already sewed some projects. The instructions are detailed and explained step by step. A step by step video tutorial is available. Why not give it a try ? A motivated beginner could totally nail it !
Each technique is not difficult in itself. I break down the project into accessible steps, either through the illustrations or the video course. So if you want to get started, you are in the right place.
Even if the GLENNON pants sewing pattern is suitable for beginners, I wanted to make sure the finishing were neat: bias on the waistband, fly and hem.
You'll learn useful techniques for all your sewing projects: how to assemble a fly and make pretty topstitching, how to assemble the pants, how to make the cuffed hem, how to sew by hand... all with method, pedagogy and precision!
I have your back
If you get started
Congratulations 🎉 and welcome to the sewing world ! I've got you covered :
- A generously illustrated step-by-step booklet (and I am not joking)
- A glossary 🔤 of sewing terms (only in French)
- A complete video course that is not too long and well shot (in HD!): it is included in the purchase and only for people who bought the pattern.
My clients often describe Ose Patterns' instructions as "easy to follow", "high quality" and "very well explained" :
For experienced sewers
GLENNON is a sewing project with exquisite finishings particularly on the waistband and fly. You can use your fabric scraps to create matching bias binding and pocket lining. My experience in a fashion house taught me how to work in a methodical way. I hope that you will learn new techniques and that you will enjoy your sewing time !
💓 If you liked the STEVEN pants, you'll find the same finishings on the GLENNON waistband and fly.
Both pants have the same waist size.
On the GLENNON pants, the leg is more flared and features a cuffed hem. You'll also find belt loops and back pockets.
Fabric and supplies
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the main fabric requirement calculation.
Fabric suggestions for the GLENNON trousers sewing pattern
- A heavy to medium-weight fabric such as cotton gabardine would be perfect. Even a lighter fabric such as linen may be suitable.
- The pattern is designed for elastane-free fabric. But if yours has a little elastane, that's fine, as long as the fabric doesn't expand too much.
- For the pockets and the inner waistband, choose a light weight cotton.
- You can find more inspirations in the instructions, on the Ose Patterns Pinterest account and of course with the hashtag #OseGlennon on Instagram.
- Fabric and interfacing
- Bias binding
- 15 cm nylon zipper (or longer, we will cut it).
- 2 hooks.
- A 15 mm diameter button
Sizes and measurements of the final garment
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
Measurements of the finished garment
- The finished measurements will help you to refine your choice of size according to your preferences (looser or tighter). Feel free to compare with another garment in your wardrobe.
- My full hips measurement is 94 cm / 37" and I wear a size 38, meaning that there is an ease of 15.5 cm / 6 1/8".
- You will find more measurements in the instructions.