A wrap skirt that won’t open !
KIA is an asymetrical flared wrap skirt with a thin belt and belt loops on the back. A large pleat on the front enhances the wrap effect. The bottom of the skirt is fully closed and won’t open when you sit.
KIA has a special construction and will allow you to learn to sew on the bias. I will share with you the techniques on how to work on the bias. I learnt these techniques while I was working in the Parisian “maison de mode”.
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions
Également disponible en français
Sizes : EUR sizes : from 34 to 46 / US sizes : from 2 to 14 / UK sizes : from 6 to 18.
Difficulty : intermediate
Fabric and materials for the KIA skirt
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
Suggested fabrics for the KIA skirt
If you are not familiar with sewing on the bias, choose a tightly woven fabric.
- Spring/summer : medium weight cotton or linen
- Fall/winter : medium or heavy wool or cotton fabric
More experienced sewers can choose silk for a more « couture » look.
I used the following fabrics for the samples :
- Organic linen from Birch fabrics distributed by Miss Kika tissus
- The striped skirt is made of cotton/polyester.
Materials for the KIA skirt
- Fabric and interfacing
Measurements of the KIA skirt
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- A4/US letter format : 51 pages
- A0 / copy shop format : 3 pages
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alonside professionnals
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.