An elegant skirt to apply advanced sewing techniques
If you want to level up your sewing skills, the KIA skirt will allow you sew on the bias. KIA has an interesting wraparound structure with no side seam on the left and a panel on the bias requiring extra care and precision during the assembly. I will share the techniques to work on the bias that I learnt while I was working in the Parisian “maison de mode”. Why not trying ? With the KIA skirt, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply interesting techniques !
KIA is an asymmetrical below-the-knee A-line skirt. It is a wraparound skirt that features a tie belt with three belt loops on the back. A large pleat on the front enhances the wrap effect. The bottom of the skirt is fully closed and won’t open when you sit.
Également disponible en français
Sizes : EUR sizes : from 34 to 46 / US sizes : from 2 to 14 / UK sizes : from 6 to 18.
Difficulty : intermediate
Fabric and materials for the KIA skirt
Suggested fabrics for the KIA skirt
If you are not familiar with sewing on the bias, choose a tightly woven fabric.
- Spring/summer : medium weight cotton or linen
- Fall/winter : medium or heavy wool or cotton fabric
More experienced sewers can choose silk for a more « couture » look.
I used the following fabrics for the samples :
- Organic linen from Birch fabrics distributed by Miss Kika tissus
- The striped skirt is made of cotton/polyester.
Materials for the KIA skirt
- Fabric and interfacing
Measurements of the KIA skirt
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- A4/US letter format : 51 pages
- A0 / copy shop format : 3 pages
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alonside professionnals
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.