THE timeless miniskirt with a unique twist !
The BYRON skirt will be your perfect mini. It is fully lined and can be paired easily with tights, boots and a warm coat in winter. Two versions are offered : a simple version and a version with an elegant overskirt. You can be creative and play with different textures, colours, embroidery … I really enjoyed adding these studsto create a rock style !
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’. But you can lengthen or shorten the skirt as you wish. Everything is explained in the instructions. You will also find other alterations explained.
Plus, it is very quick to sew and requires less than 70 cm of fabric !
Let me guide you step-by-step in the sewing process. A high-definition tutorial is included. I show :
- An excellent way to sew an invisible zipper that is truly invisble
- How to sew the lining
- How to sew by hand
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Tutorial video with English subtitles
Sizes : EUR sizes from 34 to 48 | US sizes : from 2 to 16 | UK sizes : from 6 to 20.
Difficulty : beginner.
The instructions are detailed and explained step by step. You can sew the BYRON skirt and follow the instructions with an online video class. Why not give it a try ? A motivated beginner could totally nail it !
For all sizes, you will need 70 cm of fabric (width 140 cm), 55 cm of lining fabric and 20 cm of interfacing.
Suggested fabrics for the BYRON skirt
Many fabrics could work depending on the season and the result you are looking for
- Lightweight fabrics (viscose, viscose twill)
- Heavy fabrics (gabardine, denim, corduroy, wool fabric)
You can choose an acetate lining. But you could go for a more expensive option such as silk.
The samples are made in the following fabrics :
Black skirt with studs : faux leather
Skirt with flowers : viscose lurex
Checked skirt: thick and stiff wool fabric
Materials for the BYRON skirt
- Fabric and lining
- Bias tape width 1 cm / 3/8’’ when folded for the overskirt variation
- Invisible zipper for skirt length 22 cm / 9’‘
- Hook and eye fastener for skirt
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- A4/US letter format : 17 pages for the skirt only ; 25 pages with the overskirt.
- A0 format : 1 page pour la jupe seule ; 2 pages avec la surjupe.
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alongside professionnals
- Detailed explanations to make simple alterations on your skirt.
- An online video is included when you purchase the pattern : I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alongside professionnals and I show you all the steps. I offer a clear and concise class, recorded in high definition video . I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and readable.