The perfect camisole to start your sewing journey
The BRENÉ top is an elegant camisole with a beautiful lapel on the front. Three little buttons on the edge of the lapel enhance this interesting design.
The top is fitted at the bust. The straps are wide enough so you can wear a bra. To customize your BRENÉ top, feel free to :
- Choose a contrasting fabric for the lapel
- Remove the lapel
- Lengthen the bodice, add pockets and make it a long dress
I will help you every step of the way through a YouTube video tutorial !
PDF sewing pattern in A4/US LETTER and A0 format with fully illustrated instructions and video tutorial.
Également disponible en français
What you will get
- The full size PDF pattern from sizes 34 to 46 (US sizes from 2 to 14) - seam allowances are included (A0 and A4/ US Letter)
- A4/US letter format: 15 pages
- A0 Copy / shop format : 1 page
- Each size is in a different layer, making the pattern clearer and more readable
- A fully illustrated booklet describing all the steps to sew your garment
- A concise and accessible guide to making simple adjustments
- A video course available with the purchase of the pattern. The video is more than just a tutorial. You will find a clear demo of each step and professional techniques. I want to show you what I learnt while I was working in a Parisian workshop of a "grande maison".
Features of the pattern
Design and style of the sewing pattern BRENÉ
When I imagined the BRENÉ sewing pattern, I wanted a sewing pattern suitable for beginners, but with a nice detail. It's that lovely lapel that makes all the difference! You can cut it in a contrasting fabric to use your scraps. You can also use small buttons from your stock to highlight the edge of the lapel. For a more couture touch, I used covered buttons for the demo versions.
It's snug to the chest to avoid embarrassing moments when bending over, and the straps are wide enough to cover your bra straps. Stylish and practical !
- My bust measurement is 88 cm / 34 5/8'' (ease +4 cm / 1 5/8'')
- A hack to shorten the BRENÉ top is available: you'll learn how to draw the hem line so that the front is shorter than the back.
Difficulty : perfect sewing pattern for beginners
Each technique is not difficult in itself. I break down the project into accessible steps, either through the illustrations or the video course. So if you want to get started, you are in the right place.
You'll learn useful techniques for all your sewing projects: how to cut your fabric correctly, how to sew and press between each step, all with method, pedagogy and precision!
I have your back
If you're just starting to sew
Congratulations 🎉 and welcome to the sewing world ! BRENÉ is the perfect sewing pattern to start your sewing journey. I've got you covered :
- A generously illustrated step-by-step booklet (and I am not joking)
- A glossary 🔤 of sewing terms (only in French)
- A complete video course that is not too long and well filmed (in HD!) included in the purchase !
My clients often describe Ose Patterns' instructions as "easy to follow", "high quality" and "very well explained" :
For more experienced sewers
BRENÉ is a rewarding project that's quick to sew. You can have fun with the lapel: contrasting fabric, trim lace, piping, lace... you can customize your BRENÉ in any way you like ! And why not lengthen the BRENÉ top into a dress?
My experience in a fashion house taught me how to work in a methodical way. So I hope that you will learn new techniques and that you will have a great sewing time !
💓 If you want to take on the challenge with pretty pleats and ultra-clean finishes, you'll love the AMANDA blouse pattern.
Fabric and supplies for the sewing pattern BRENÉ
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the main fabric requirement calculation.
Suggested fabrics for the camisole top BRENÉ
- Any light or medium weight fabric. If you are just starting to sew, choose a medium cotton fabric.
- For a flowing version of the top, choose silk, tencel or viscose fabric.
- Why not using a contrasting fabric from your leftover fabric scraps to make the lapel ?
- You will find inspirations in the instructions, on Ose Patterns' Pinterest account and on Instagram with the hashtag #OseBrené.
Supplies for the sewing pattern BRENÉ
- Fabric and interfacing
- 3 buttons, 11 mm in diameter (optional)
Sizes and measurements of the final garment
The pattern is drafted for a height of 168 cm / 5’6’’.
Measurements of the finished garment
- The measurement of the finished garment allow you to choose your size according to your preference (with more or less ease). Feel free to compare with another garment in your wardrobe.
- My bust measurement is 88 cm / 34 5/8'' and the samples I am wearing are size 38 (ease of 4 cm / 1 5/8'').
- You will find more measurements in the instructions.