The perfect camisole to start your sewing journey
The BRENÉ top is an elegant camisole with a beautiful lapel on the front. Three little buttons on the edge of the lapel enhance this interesting design.
The top is fitted at the bust. The straps are wide enough so you can wear a bra. To customize your BRENÉ top, feel free to :
- Choose a contrasting fabric for the lapel
- Remove the lapel
- Lengthen the bodice, add pockets and make it a long dress
Également disponible en français
Sizes : EUR sizes : from 34 to 46 / US sizes : from 2 to 14 / UK sizes : from 6 to 18.
Difficulty : beginner
Fabric requirements and materials for the BRENÉ top
10 cm / 4’’ allowance is added to the fabric requirement calculation.
Suggested fabrics for the Brené top
A light or medium weight fabric will be perfect. If you are just starting to sew, choose a medium cotton fabric. You can choose silk, tencel or viscose fabric for a more drapey and fluid version. Why not using a contrasting fabric from your leftover fabric scraps to make the lapel ?
For the sample, I chose organic linen fabrics by Birch fabrics (distributed by Miss Kika tissus)
Materials for the BRENÉ top
- Fabric and interfacing
- 3 buttons (11 mm - 7/16″)
Finished measurements of the BRENÉ top
Measurements of the finished garment
Print-at-home PDF patterns
- Full-size pattern pieces in A4, US letter and A0 format.
- A4/US letter format: 15 pages
- A0 Copy / shop format : 1 page
- A digital booklet with detailed instructions and illustrations ; I provide you with the tips and techniques that I learnt alongside professionnals
- Seam allowances are included.
- Each size is in a different layer making the pattern clearer and more readable.